With the arrival of October, comes the return of rich seasonal colors. One of my favorite tones in fashion (as a redhead) and design is emerald green.
While it may have been Pantone's color of the year back in 2013, I still find that it can add a nice pop to any room and ups the sophistication (especially when in a lux fabric, like velvet). Emerald is great with various shades of blue, but you may want to save the navy pairings to smaller pops if you have a smaller room since both are such strong colors that can make a space seem smaller than it is. The jewel-toned green also pairs well with medium to light grays, as well as taupes and creams.
Emerald can certainly inspire a room re-design, but that doesn't necessarily mean a full living room or bedroom makeover. Just imagine how cozy and posh a powder room could be with the right wall paper and metallic accents!
Below are a few emerald OODs (objects of desire) that I would love to add to my home or another. Let's obsess together...
- Velvet Lyre Chesterfield Grand Sofa from Anthropologie in Emerald
- Global Chic Floral and Botanical 3D Embossed Wallpaper by York Wallcoverings in Dark Green
- Malachite Wall Art from Wisteria in Viridian
- Agate Emerald Bookends from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Suede Lumbar Pillow Cover from Serena & Lily in Malachite
- MIdori Emerald-Green Lamp from Neiman Marcus